Thursday, August 9

Travel Thursday - Hey Cupcake!

Guest Post by Gina Oliva – Thank you!

Today we’re traveling to Austin, Texas. Although Austin is weird, (if you’ve been you totally know the saying), but gourmet cupcakes are never weird especially at Hey Cupcake!

There are simple flavors ranging from Vanilla to Chocolate, to 24 Carrot and Michael Jackson. The best is that they offer gluten free options, such as Pina Colada. A tropical paradise for those who are gluten free! Oh and if you’re in the area, and you go to their website, or click on the link here (http://www.heycupcake.com/index.php), you can enter your email address for a FREE cupcake. Yes, I said FREE!

Allergy Info:
Gluten Free Cupcake Option

Foodie Rundown:
Pina Colada- Trying to fit in with the Austin mentality of fitness and healthy eating, I choose a Gluten Free cupcake after a delicious dinner at South Congress Café across the street. I was not expecting much, just that I would not feel as bad for my decision to say “Screw It” and eat a cupcake. It was well worth it. Hands down no one would have known it was gluten free. After taking my first bite, my second bite was even better. To my surprise the cupcake was filled with pineapples to make the cupcake even moister. The only deduction was that the icing was super sweet. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth (would rather eat another bowl of pasta than dessert ;)), so I would have preferred more of a cream cheese frosting, such as the one they have on their delicious red velvet cupcakes, which are not gluten free. The Pina Colada cupcake was as close as I could get to pretending I was on a beach and a great example of how eating gluten free does not always match up with the stereotypes associated with it.

Locations:
Everythings bigger in Texas…
North Austin
South Austin
Four Points
Braker
San Marcos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger