Friday, July 13

NUT so good...

The Cellar at Beechers is a super cute date spot, dimly lit, and has a surplus of delicious cheeses and small plates to indulge yourself with. But for the nut allergic beware, as Beechers may be yummy but naive to our nut special friends.

Let’s start off with the crackers. As I sat down, the first thing I told the waiter was "I am allergic to nuts”. Out comes some crackers for the array of cheeses on the table. Fast forward to the end of the meal, the check is coming out, and the waiter is sweating and in an uncomfortable way, making me kind of nervous. He goes, “did you eat the crackers?”. Well duh I ate the crackers, do you think I ate the cheese with my fingers? I politely said, “Yes, why?”. He decided to tell me that there were hazelnuts in the crackers, and proceeded to place down a bowl of “non nut crackers”. Thanks? Considering there was no more cheese on the table and I was about to leave, I told him I was ok as I had not encountered a reaction.

Before the wild reaction to the crackers, the plate of cheese came out, with almonds all over it. I asked if he could bring us a plate with no nuts, but he left it there as my date kept picking away. About 45 minutes later, he brought a plate of just the cheese. With my not too smart “no fear” attitude I had already picked away all the cheese from the larger plate. (Which meant, more cheese for me!)

As great as the food was, be careful with a nut allergy here. Nuts, wine and cheese go together so it can be difficult for those who have a nut allergy.

But if you aren’t allergic, definitely a great date spot!

Allergy Info:
Nut Allergic beware!

Addresses:
900 Broadway (Corner of Broadway and 20th)

Foodie Rundown:
Lots of cheese
Lots of wine (restaurant is 21+)
More wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger